Finance Media Group
Finance Content Writer (Freelance)
We are looking for website editors/managers for our Finance websites with global audience related to retail trading & investing.
You will have to create in-depth trading-related content pieces and edit exiting content to keep it upto date. You must love to do research, and create in-depth editorial content, guides and reviews that are fact checked.
- Plan & create content that is well-researched. Create fact-checked content pieces, detailed guides, reviews for our websites.
- Localize content, guides, reviews for different countries and regions.
- Updating content according to our editorial standards.
- Fact checking and keeping the content up to date.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax in articles.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Develop new content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Develop consistent tone and style for all articles, contents
- Sticking to content deadlines as per content calendar
- Colaborate/Coordinate with SEO manager to plan, create new content.
- WordPress formatting and publishing
- Work with Freelance writers to liase content, give content guidelines or suggestions
- Preferrably Bachelor's Degree in Finance.
- Experienced finance, business news editors can apply.
- At least 2 years experience as a media Editor in Finance, Online Trading & Forex.
- Excellent writing skills in English, especially as applied to press communication, financial terms, and other business news content.
- Expert level proficiency as a proofreader;
- Experience working across digital platforms (websites, mobile, blogs, etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of SEO to make content according to SEO guidelines.
- Ability to maintain focus and detail orientation when processing large amounts of information or copy.
- Ability to collaborate with writers to understand their writing needs, maximize their impact and ensure they meet our editorial standards.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex topics into language that is understandable to broader audiences
- Experience with pitching ideas to different audiences, with the ability to write compellingly to either professional or lay audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work on tight deadlines.
This is a remote job